Rates & Insurance
At Still Waters, we accept insurance and it's likely that your health insurance will cover payment for your services in full or in part. We are happy to check your benefits to find out the specifics of your policy.
We are in-network providers with the insurance companies listed below. (Which allows us to bill them for your services and to receive payment for your services directly from them.) Depending on the specifics of your policy, you may be responsible for part of the payment. We strongly recommend that you know what your insurance policy's benefits are. We are happy to check your benefits for you if you would like.
We are out-of-network providers with regard to insurance companies other than those listed above. (Which allows us to send them a form documenting your payment for your services and there is a possibility that they may reimburse you in full or in part for the cost of your services.). What they will pay depends on the specifics of your policy and we strongly recommend that you know what your insurance policy's benefits are. We are happy to check your benefits for you if you would like.
If you would like to check your insurance benefits, you can do so by calling your insurance company. The phone number is typically found on the back of your insurance card. We recommend asking your insurance company these questions to determine your policy's benefits for psychotherapy:
● Does my health insurance plan cover psychotherapy (procedure code 90837)? Is telehealth for psychotherapy covered?
● Is my therapist in network with you? Whether yes or no, what does that mean and how does it affect my coverage?
● Do I have a co-payment for services, if so what is it?
● Does my plan limit my number of sessions. If so, is the limit per calendar year or per policy year, and what is the limit?
If the limit is per policy year, when does my policy year begin and end?
● Do I have a deductible that applies to psychotherapy services? If so, what is it and have I met it?
● Do I need a written referral from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
● Do I need prior authorization from you (insurance company) in order for services to be covered?
Our private pay rate is determined by household income according to the sliding scale below.
Annual Household Income Rate for 55 minute session
$106,000 – above $150
$ 86,000 - $105,000 $135
$ 66,000 - $85,000 $120
$ 0 - $65,000 $105
We accept all major credit cards for payment, including HSA cards.
Since the scheduling of an appointment involves the reservation of time set aside especially for you, a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for rescheduling or cancellation of an appointment. If for any reason you reschedule or cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, a $75 fee will be charged. Please note that insurance does not cover payment for or reimburse for these fees.
Any Other Questions
We are happy to answer any questions at all. Contact us and we will help. We are here for you.
● Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
● Blue Cross and Blue Shield out of State
● Blue Choice Network
● All Kids
● Medicaid (children age 18 and under)
● Behavioral Health Systems
● United Health Care