Beverly Ward, MA, EdS, LPC
Hi, I’m Beverly. I’m glad that you've ve made your way to this page in your search for solutions. I know that God has them for you and that you're not alone. Life’s problems, including mental health issues, are real, common, and treatable. Recovery is possible.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, worried, low on hope, or discouraged; If you’re being tossed about by your thoughts and emotions; If you’re struggling to take the next step and don’t see a clear path forward, don’t give up. Good therapy coupled with God’s Grace can transform hard places and roadblocks into circumstances that can be addressed and moved through and beyond. No matter what you’re facing, there is a way forward. You’re not the one person who has to stay stuck. There is help and hope for YOU!
I'm honored to provide a safe, caring and professional environment for you to tell your personal story. I value this trust and listen intently to understand and help you feel seen and heard. Our sessions are a powerful combination of the best behavioral science tools available and, if you desire it, the incomparable Sword of the Spirit (God's Word).
Since entering the mental health field in 1994, I’ve served on professional counseling boards and presented at professional conferences. I’ve designed multiple therapeutic intervention programs for K-12 schools and have written grants to fund them. At UAB I’ve served on the Master’s in Counseling program admissions committee, co-taught master’s level counseling classes, helped develop the Community Counseling Clinic, presented at continuing education events for other LPCs, and obtained certification as a Psychometrist (practitioner in psychological testing). I have some formal biblical education through Birmingham Theological Seminary and Dallas Theological Seminary. I'm currently pursuing advanced certification in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) at the internationally acclaimed Beck Institute in Philadelphia. I’m a mental health blogger and speaker. I’m a member of the Christian Association for Psychological Studies and am on Alabama‘s leadership team for Moms in Prayer International. I will always go the extra mile to keep learning and serving because I know God has a good plan for you and that good therapy can help you step into it.
As a seasoned therapist, I’ve worked with people from all walks of life facing all kinds of troubles. It has been my great privilege to witness hearts mended, minds healed, and relationships restored. In my own life, God has restored joy and purpose from pain. I’d be so honored to help you find that as well.
- Beverly Ward is very professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and is a Christian. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is a blessing, an asset to faithful counseling. (Written by ID after therapy with Beverly)
- Beverly is a really great listener and also gives suggestions without being pushy or overbearing. Her suggestions really reflect that she not only has listened to me but understands what I’m saying. She is very kind, sympathetic and non-judge mental. (Written by EL after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, family conflicts, sleeping disorders, parenting issues, self esteem, compassion fatigue, and ADHD.)
- Beverly has been an invaluable resource as I’ve worked to overcome anxiety and other struggles in recent weeks. She’s kind and compassionate, and you can tell she really cares about you and what you’re going through. She offers wise counsel and tactical strategies to help you work through your problems. I would highly recommend her! (Written by NA after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, grief, self esteem, and career difficulties.)
- Beverly is a therapeutic listener and gives me practical ways to navigate my current issue(s) I’m facing. I would highly recommend her! (Wrtten by AK after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, family conflicts, and trauma and abuse.)
- Beverly was a wonderful therapist who helped me when I was coming out of a pretty rough time. She is attentive, kind, and courteous. She worked with me to work through periods of excessive anxiety/depression and gave me tools to help myself. I highly recommend her. (Written by YR after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning stress, anxiety, depression, and grief.)
- Beverly worked with me where I was and took my hand to lead me where I wanted to go. She is awesome in her approach and listened to what I was saying and responded with proper application to my situation. Awesome work! (Written by EJ after therapy with Beverly.)
- Beverly is an excellent source of therapy. I don’t feel like she just repeats back what I say but that she listens and empathizes with my concerns and burdens. I never feel rushed or judged. I’m very thankful I found this site and my therapist. (Written by HW after therapy with Beverly.)
-Beverly really tries to help you. She is attentive, and I like her counseling from both scientific and Biblical perspectives. ( Written by OJ after therapy with Beverly.)
-Beverly was a great listener and counselor. She made me feel welcome since the first time we talked and made me feel safe to share anything and that it was never too much or too burdensome. She helped me recognize my therapy goals and helped me in knowing how to get there. Beverly also helped me to see God's power and love in my life. She is also an excellent writer and I love her blogs! I really recommend her! (Written by LE after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, self esteem, and coping with life changes)
- Beverly is caring, thoughtful and genuinely wants to help you! I’m so so so grateful that I found her!! Thank you so so so much for everything you do, Beverly. You’re a godsend :) (Written by AD after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning depression, sleeping disorders, self esteem, anger management, career difficulties, and coping with life changes.)
- Beverly is caring, skilled, and extremely knowledgeable. I chose her because she connects God's word with her profession. She listens and she offers very wise, practical advice and solutions in a very warm kind way. (Written by OR after therapy with Beverly)
- Beverly is great! She gives me the confidence to open up and challenge myself, I was always worried going into this that I’d struggle with this. I’ve had huge self growth already and I can’t wait to grow more. (Written by AJ after therapy with Beverly.)
- Beverly is an excellent therapist. She listens, but she also gives useful feedback. I’ve had both the counselors who spoke the whole time and made me wonder “who is in therapy?” And the ones that made me wonder if they were listening to me or just letting me talk. I feel a good connection with Beverly. (Written by NA after therapy with Beverly.)
-Beverly became my therapist at the right time of my life. She helped me in the last few months of my life when I lost my oldest at age 30 by being murdered by drug dealers. She was there to listen to me, counsel me with steps to help me for rest of my life with some happiness and give love and hugs to my grandson , my younger daughter and my husband and for us to support each other. (Written by AJ after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, family conflicts, grief, and self esteem)
- Beverly has been a terrific listener, counselor, and coach for me over the past few months as I have, FINALLY, been dealing with some personal grief issues. I appreciate her knowledge about how humans think and process. Her kind manner and supportive nature made processing this grief smooth and successful. Thank you! (Written by HC after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning stress, anxiety, and grief.)
- Beverly is a kind and observant listener. I appreciate how well she helped me to focus on the things I could control and could not control. She asked thoughtful questions which always helped me to consider the best options for moving forward with a difficult family situation. I also enjoyed her weekly blog. She is a wonderful writer. (Written by AK after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning relationship issues, and family conflicts)
- Beverly is amazing. I highly recommend her! (Written by OT after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning stress, anxiety)
- Beverly was a wonderful therapist. She was very patient and listened well. In addition to counseling, she provided newsletters and other helpful materials. She even helped with technology which was a challenge for me. As a caregiver herself, she could relate to me as a caregiver. I recommend her highly. (Written by AK after therapy with Beverly on issues concerning stress, anxiety, and coping with life changes.)